Welcome First Year Students!
Any student who wishes to park a vehicle on a university parking lot any time of day or night–including after 4:00 p.m. weekdays, on weekends, during regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. weekdays, and during breaks– must register that vehicle with the Transportation and Parking Services office.
First year student vehicle registration will begin Wednesday, August 1st at 9:00 a.m. Go online at http://parking.wfu.edu/ to register your vehicle. This website is also a great place to find information about parking during certain events like Thanksgiving, Winter Break or Spring Break.
2018-19 Freshman Parking Permit Fee– $315
Permit Distribution Information:
- Permits ordered on or before August 20, 2018
- Pickup Date: Wednesday, August 22nd – Campus Services Day
- Pickup Time: Between 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Where: Benson University Center, Room 409.
- Permits ordered after August 20, 2018:
- Pickup Date: Saturday, August 25 and Sunday, August 26
- Pick-up time – 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Transportation and Parking Services Office, Alumni Hall, Room 138
- Permits ordered after August 20th, or you did not pick up permits on Campus Services Day or from Alumni Hall
- Pickup Date: Monday, August 27 and thereafter
- Pickup Time: – Thurs. 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Transportation and Parking Services Office located in Alumni Hall, Room 138. Expect long lines and delays for distribution at this location. Your Wake Forest ID is required to pick up your permit.
Place both permits (Gate Pass and rear Parking Permit) on your vehicle immediately after picking them up, as permits must be displayed on vehicles no later than August 30.
Vehicle Parking Information
Occasionally, freshman vehicles will need to be relocated to allow for event parking at Bridger Field House. When these events occur, students will be notified in advance via email. A few of these events are:
- Home football games
- The Dixie Classic Fair
- Davis Cup Tennis Tournament
- Other Miscellaneous athletic events, as announced
After move-in on Wednesday, August 22, students should keep their vehicles on campus and park in general parking lots until Sunday, August 26. Additional information will be sent via email explain relocation of vehicles to the freshman parking lot and shuttle service to/from this lot.
Transportation and Parking Services
Location: Alumni Hall, Suite 138.
Lobby hours: 8:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 8:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m. Friday.
Parking@nullwfu.edu (Don’t forget to mark Transportation and Parking Services email as “safe” so you can get all email announcements from the Transportation and Parking Services office!)
Because of the large volume of calls we expect in August, if you cannot speak to someone, leave a detailed message with your question/concern, name, WFU ID number and a contact number to call you back. We will return your call as soon as possible!