8:30 a.m.—5 p.m.
The Daily Deac
Welcome, P’27s (parents and families of the Class of 2027)!
We are so excited your student has chosen Wake Forest and look forward to getting to know your family over the next four years! This website will help you learn more about key due dates and deadlines for parents and families, what you should be doing this summer to help prepare your Deac for move-in, advice on the college transition, and more.
- Move-in Guide (new August 10)
- Where to start
- Answers to key questions and Orientation Schedule
- New Family Checklist
- See emails sent to new families
- See emails your student has received
- Advice for parents and families
- The A-Z of WFU – a glossary of terms you may need
- Hotel and restaurant recommendations from current families
- New Student Receptions
Here’s where to start.
Verify your family record in Wake Network.
Wake Forest uses email to communicate with families, and we need to ensure we have families’ correct contact information. If you have not already done so, make sure to verify your family record in Wake Network.
- Note: families do not show up in Wake Network until their student’s admissions deposit has been received and processed; depending on how you paid your deposit (e.g., check mailed in via US Postal Service, etc.), that could take a week or two to be received and processed.
Sign up to receive news and tips.
The Daily Deac is a blog that shares important news, offers advice about supporting your students, and covers a variety of WFU activities and events to help you get a sense of campus life. When you subscribe, you will get an email around 5 p.m. Eastern each weekday.
Get to know our family communications guidelines and philosophy.
Review our Family Communications Guidelines and Philosophy to understand how we work with families and when you can expect to hear from Wake Forest.
Let’s address some key questions.
What should I be doing right now?
Make sure you’re familiar with important dates and deadlines happening this summer that we’ve included in our Key Dates for Parents and Families page.
- Note: Students’ logins and passwords should not be shared with anyone, including their parents/family members. Please help us keep our information systems safe and do not ask for or use their login and password.
When is Move-in Day and Orientation? How do I see the Orientation schedule?
See our Move-In Guide.
Access the New Deac Week 2023 schedule on Guidebook.
To access the 2023 New Deac Welcome Week (aka Orientation) schedule:
- DOWNLOAD THE APP: Go to your APP or Google Play store and search “WFU Orientation Programs” to access the New Deac Welcome Week 2023 guide or simply scan this QR code.
- In the top left menu, choose Schedule by Tracks > Parents and Families to see your schedule (students will choose the First Year or Transfer track as applicable).
August 18 or 19
New Student Move-in Day (For those students who are not attending Pre-Orientation)
New Deac Week Parents & Families Orientation Sessions (Strongly encouraged. For travel planning purposes, family Orientation activities will begin on August 23 and will conclude by 7:30 p.m. on August 24).
Where can I find emails sent to new families?
You can find the latest information sent to families on our Emails Sent to New Families page.
Where can I find emails that my student has received?
You can find the latest emails sent to students on our Emails Sent to New Students page.
How can I prepare myself for my student’s transition to college?
I have questions – who should I contact?
Our Who to Contact for… page shows some of the most-often needed resources on campus. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Pro tip: whenever possible, let your student be the one to contact an office, ask a question, give feedback, or research how to accomplish something on campus. Our students need to develop relationships with campus offices, and they will be building real-world problem-solving skills when they do the work themselves.
Can I meet other new students and families?
Attend a New Student Reception if one is offered in your area. We hope all families will attend one of our two Virtual New Student Receptions on June 27 or July 17 (the virtual sessions will be recorded).