Meet the cast of your next four years.
New Student Receptions
This summer, a series of receptions for Class of 2025 new students and their families will be held virtually and in person across the country in June, July and August. Two virtual receptions will be offered on June 22 and July 14. These programs are not geographically specific and will provide a glimpse into life at Wake Forest, top tips for transitioning to college, registering for classes, approaching residential living, and Q&A with a panel of current students. International students are encouraged to sign up for the July 14 virtual reception as there will be important information and updates specific to international students shared during the program.
In addition to joining us at one of the virtual options, we hope that you will register for a local reception should one be offered in your area. Details, dates and registration information can be found on this page starting in May 2021. You will also receive an email invitation for both the virtual receptions and in-person offerings as details are confirmed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
General Receptions (Virtual)
Please note that both virtual receptions will be recorded for those who are unable to attend.
Updates specific to international students will be shared during the July 14 program.
Virtual Reception 1 | June 22 – view the event recording here
Virtual Reception 2 | July 14 – view the event recording here
Regional Receptions (In-person)
We invite you to attend the reception that is most convenient, whether it is in your hometown or elsewhere. Preregistration is required. Check this list frequently over the summer, as new dates will be added as they are confirmed.
* = In conjunction with a general Wake Forest reception
OFFICE OF FAMILY ENGAGEMENT
WAKE FOREST PARENTS AND FAMILIES
The Daily Deac – A Daily Blog for Wake Forest Families
The Daily Deac is a blog that covers a variety of WFU activities and events and helps you get a sense of campus life. You can subscribe to the Daily Deac via the Subscribe box at dailydeac.wfu.edu. Once you subscribe, you will begin to receive the Daily Deac each weekday in your inbox.
Top 10 Reasons to Attend a New Student Reception
1. Meet other incoming students and families from your area. (You are welcome to attend multiple receptions!)
2. Meet current students and build your WFU network.
3. Learn more about how to get your best start at Wake.
4. Make a connection with the Office of Family Engagement and other WFU staff.
5. Have your specific questions answered.
6. Score a WFU ’25 keychain (students).
7. Get a “Wake Forest Parent” static window cling for your car (parents/families).
8. Feel less anxious about starting school because you will have met some great people in advance.
9. Be warmly welcomed into the Wake Forest family.
10. Get excited about the next 4 years at WFU!