Meet the cast of your next four years.
This summer, a series of receptions for Class of 2027 new students and their families will be held virtually and in person across the country in June, July and August. Two virtual receptions will be offered. These programs will provide a glimpse into life at Wake Forest, top tips for transitioning to college, registering for classes, approaching residential living, and Q&A with a panel of current students.
In addition to joining us at one of the virtual options, we hope that you will register for a local reception should one be offered in your area. Details, dates and registration information can be found on this page starting in May. You will also receive an email invitation for both the virtual receptions and in-person offerings as details are confirmed.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
General Receptions (virtual)
All incoming students and parents are encouraged to attend one of the Virtual New Student Receptions listed below. Please note that both virtual receptions will be recorded and posted here for those who are unable to attend. Click on the link to register or view the recording.
- Virtual Reception 1 Recording and Google doc with links | Tuesday, June 27, 2023. NOTE: the last 15 minutes of this reception includes special information for international students and families.
- Virtual Reception 2 Recording | Monday, July 17, 2023
Regional Receptions (in-person)
We invite you to attend the reception that is most convenient, whether it is in your hometown or elsewhere. Preregistration is required. Check this list frequently over the summer, as new dates and locations may be added as they are confirmed. (Due to the limited capacities at these events, we kindly ask that you only register for one in-person reception to ensure all incoming families have the opportunity to attend.)
Once all details are confirmed for a reception, the city name will have a link to register for that event. Please click on the link to register.
- CA – Los Angeles | August 6
- CA – San Francisco | June 21
- CO – Denver | August 2
- CT – Greenwich | July 13
- DC – Washington | July 30
- FL – Miami | June 4
- FL – Tampa | August 1 (all current WFU students welcome)
- GA – Atlanta | July 20
- IL – Chicago | August 13
- MA – Boston | July 26
- MA – Nantucket | August 4 (all alumni and current or former WFU families welcome)
- MA – Martha’s Vineyard | August 2 (all alumni and current or former WFU families welcome)
- MD – Baltimore | July 27
- MD – Potomac | June 21
- ME – Kennebunk | July 9
- MN – St. Paul | May 21 (all current WFU students/families welcome)
- NC – Charlotte | July 30
- NC – Greensboro | August 6
- NC – Raleigh | July 26
- NC – Winston-Salem | July 27
- NJ – Morristown | July 19
- NY – Westchester County | July 19
- NY – Manhattan | June 21
- NY – Southampton | August 6 (all alumni and current or former WFU families welcome)
- OH – Columbus | August 8 (all current WFU students/families welcome)
- PA – Philadelphia | June 22
- PA – Pittsburgh | July 23
- TN – Nashville | August 7
- TX – Dallas | July 20
- VA – Arlington | July 18
- VA – Richmond | July 12
- WA – Seattle | June 5 (new date; all current WFU students/families welcome)
Top 10 Reasons to Attend a New Student Reception
- Meet other incoming students and families from your area. (You are welcome to attend multiple receptions!)
- Meet current students and build your WFU network.
- Learn more about how to get your best start at Wake.
- Make a connection with representatives from WFU – staff, alumni, and/or parent volunteers.
- Have your specific questions answered.
- Score a WFU ’27 keychain (students).
- Get a “Wake Forest Parent” static window cling for your car (parents/families).
- Feel less anxious about starting school because you will have met some great people in advance.
- Be warmly welcomed into the Wake Forest family.
- Get excited about the next 4 years at WFU!
Subscribe to the Daily Deac
The Daily Deac is a blog that covers a variety of WFU activities and events and helps you get a sense of campus life. Once you subscribe, you will begin to receive the Daily Deac each weekday in your inbox.