P.O. Box 7686
Winston-Salem, NC 27109
There is nothing on campus more valuable than you.
The Wake Forest University Police Department is committed to providing a safe and secure educational and working environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors. We are a full-service department with a 24-hour communications center, security officers and commissioned police officers.
- Follow the WFU Police Department on Facebook.
- Get the LiveSafe App! Live chat with police communications, give anonymous tips or safe walk with a friend.
- Check out the Resource Officer page to find out who your building resource officer is.
What you need to know
The University’s Wake Alert website is the primary source of information on emergencies.
WFU Google Mail
The University will send a message to all WFU Google Mail addresses of students, staff and faculty.
Wake Alert website announcements will appear on Twitter. Follow @WakeAlert
Indoor Alert System
Many academic and administrative buildings have advanced fire alarm systems that can to announce an emergency using speakers in particular common areas. The messages are pre-recorded.
Outdoor Warning System
An alert message will be broadcast outdoors using speakers that activate a siren and announce a brief pre-recorded or live message.
The University will send brief text messages to students, faculty and staff who have registered their cellphones on WIN. Undergraduates must register for the messages by providing their cellphone numbers when they register for classes each fall.
Please complete by
August 16, 2021
- Using your WFU login, register your cellphone with Wake Ready in order to receive emergency notifications
- Register all property with WFUPD
- View the Safety 101 and Shots Fired videos