The designated move-in day for first year students is Thursday, August 22, 2013. For further information about move-in day and procedures, please see RLH website.
Join us on social media for #wfu17 moves-in!
Check-In: 5 Easy Steps
- Pull your vehicle into a designated unloading zone closest to your residence hall and follow the unloading procedures below.
- Go to the main lobby in your assigned residence hall for check-in.
- Introduce yourself to the hall staff and show them your room assignment.
- Pick up your keys, Room Condition Report, and other materials.
- Unload belongings at the curb and have someone move your vehicle to a parking lot so that others may unload their cars.
Parking and Unloading
With over 3,000 students check in to the residence halls in just a few days, moving can be chaotic. To make everyone’s arrival as pleasant as possible, please:
- Observe all parking restrictions and traffic patterns; University Police will enforce these regulations. Park only on designated streets and in designated lots; do not park on the lawns since it may damage the underground sprinklers. While you are checking in, park in the designated unloading areas.
- Quickly unload your belongings at the curb nearest to your residence hall. Once you are finished unloading, please move your vehicle to a parking lot.
- Do not park in handicap spaces, fire lanes, service areas, driving lanes, roadways, sidewalks, on the grounds or any other area not designated for parking.
- Check weather forecasts and plan accordingly. Bringing umbrellas and plastic for covering your belongings would be a good idea if rain is in the forecast.