You will take your foreign language placement test in WIN. To complete the test, you will need the following:
- A computer with a high-speed Internet connection (such as DSL or cable modem service) and a Web browser. You must use Internet Explorer to take the Spanish or French exams.
- Speakers or headphones (French or Spanish exam only)
- MAC USERS: Students using Macintosh computers have often experienced difficulties if they take the test in French or Spanish (these tests include a listening section). If you are taking one of these two tests, try to get access to a PC, unless you scored 3 or higher on your AP test. In that case, it should not matter because you will be instructed to exit the test after the second or fourth screen.
- An uninterrupted block of time. Approximately one hour and a half for French or Spanish and one hour for any of the other languages (Chinese, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin or Russian). Completion times will vary by individual.
- Information concerning foreign language requirements is available in The Undergraduate Bulletin. Your academic adviser can also assist you in understanding your placement score and the foreign language requirement during Orientation.