Dining FAQs

You Have Questions? We Have Answers.

  • What happens if I do not use all of my Meal Swipes or Food Dollars?

    Any unused meals (including Old Gold Meal Swipes) expire at the end of each semester. Unused Food Dollars carry over from fall to spring semester, but expire at the end of the spring semester.

    Old Gold Swipes serve as enhancements to the traditional meals. In addition to their usage as traditional Meal Swipes, these swipes may be used to purchase combo meals in the following locations: Chick-fil-A, Einstein’s, Forest Greens, Legal Grounds, Magnolia Room, Moe’s, Shorty’s, Starbucks, Subway, Village Juice and Zick’s.

  • What’s being served right now? Can I check the menu?

    Our menus are available online at deacondining.com and through our CampusDish app, available for both Android and iOS.

  • What is the difference between Food Dollars and Deacon Dollars?

    Food Dollars can be used only for food  purchases. Deacon Dollars can be used at a variety of locations, including the Bookstore and the Deacon Shop, in addition to Wake Forest Dining venues. Deacon Dollars carry over as long as you are enrolled as a Wake Forest student.

  • Can I add more Food Dollars?

    Food Dollars work like a debit account. Each time a purchase is made, the amount is deducted from the balance in your account. Food Dollars can be used at any campus dining location. Add Food Dollars at our office in Reynolda Hall, Room 12, or by visiting deacondining.com.

  • Can I change my meal plan?

    Meal plan changes are administered by the Office of Residence Life and Housing. For more information and deadlines, please visit go.wfu.edu/f101mealplans.

  • How do I track my meal plan usage?

    Food Dollar balances can be checked at all cash registers and at deacondining.com. Meal Swipes can be checked through any residential dining hall registers. Sign up for low-balance alerts on our site to stay up to date on your Food Dollars.

  • Am I required to have a meal plan?

    Most students who live on campus are required to have a meal plan. The requirement for the amount of meals purchased varies depending on where a student is living on campus. Students who live off campus are not required to have a meal plan, but they may purchase a specialized commuter meal plan when they register their o-campus addresses in WIN.

    Please visit go.wfu.edu/f101mealplans for more information regarding Dining Services, including meal plan options and rates.