Site Content

Incoming Credits


Office of the University Registrar
Reynolda Hall, Suite 110

For more information visit:

If you think your academic past can be part of your Wake Forest future, we want to hear all about it.

AP/IB credit is reviewed and awarded by the Office of the University Registrar. Some of these credits will allow you to skip lower-level coursework or serve as a prerequisite for higher-level courses. AP/IB credit cannot be used to satisfy divisional requirements; however, credits earned through AP or IB will count toward the 120 hours necessary to graduate.

Advanced Placement Scores

You must contact the College Board to request that your official scores be sent to the Office of the University Registrar (college code 5885) as early as possible but no later than June 16 for scores to reach WFU in time for Round I of registration. Even if you have submitted AP scores during the admissions/application process prior to enrollment at WFU, you must complete this process to ensure that the University Registrar receives your official scores. Scores of 4 or 5 will generally result in students being granted AP credit. For information on credit awarded, course equivalency and exemption information for specific tests and scores, click here.

International Baccalaureate Scores

Official IB transcripts must be submitted to the Office of the University Registrar. Contact your IB program coordinator or submit a request through the IB website as soon as possible. For more information regarding transcript submission, credit awarded, course equivalency and exemption information, click here.

Checking Credits Awarded at Wake Forest:

To determine if your AP/IB credits have been applied to your academic record, go to WIN > Virtual Campus > Academic Transcript after July 7.

If you believe you will have AP/IB credit for a course and it is not recorded on your transcript by Round I of registration, do not register for the course in question. Most students do not want to take a class at Wake Forest for which they will obtain AP/IB credit. Qualifying scores received later will still gain you course credit.

Transfer Work

If you have completed college-level work prior to matriculation at Wake Forest, you may transfer some or all of this credit. However, it must meet the following criteria to be considered for transfer credit:

1. Credits cannot have been used to meet high school graduation requirements.

2. Must have been taken at a college/university (not on a high school campus).

3. Credits must have been taken at the college/university along with other degree seeking college students.   The course cannot have been composed of mainly high school students.

4. Must have been taught by a regular member of the faculty of the college/university.

5. The credits must have been regularly offered (in classroom) at the college/university and not be on-line, distance, or correspondence credits.

6. Credits must have been taken after the beginning of the junior year of high school and yielded a grade of C or better.

If you meet all the criteria specified above, you may submit an official transcript from the college/university of this work to the Office of the University Registrar.  Additional information is available about transfer credits at